- Every bidder is obliged to conform to the auction sale conditions
- On this agreement Dutch law applies
- The organisation of the sale is done by Eurogenes
- The party which offers embryos in this sale named after this as the “seller” and the party who buys through this sale and gets the sale item will be identified as the “buyer”
- The organisation will only act as an intermediary in the realisation from a (purchase) agreement between seller and buyer
HOW DOES THE SALE WORK
- The auction shall occur by highestbid through internet. There are two ways of placing bids:
A: through internet
B: via one of the Eurogenes contactpersons
- The bids are made in euros per embryo
- The purchase is subject to a buyer’s commission of 10%
- The exportation costs of the embryos are costs for the buyer
- Embryos which are going to be exported through the organisation will be insured for the value of the embryos, the insurance rate is 3,75%
- Every bidder is bound to his bid.
- The sale is using the popcorn bid system. Until that moment bids will be accepted, the bidder with the highest bid wins
- All Risks of the embryos are the responsibility of the buyer once the embryos are delivered to the buyer.
- The transportation of the embryos will take place as soon as possible after the sale, but not before complete payment as invoiced from Eurogenes is received (including sale costs).
- Eurogenes will coordinate the paperwork and transfers
- The total amount has to be paid with 14 days after date of invoice. The ownership stays with the seller untill the complete payment of the indebted money and sale costs is effected.
- The risk of the embryos stays unchanged as mentioned before.
- The sale item needs to be paid including the sale commission before transport from the seller to the new owner
- Claims need to be notified in writing to the seller within eight days after supply to the buyer.
- The organisation cannot be held responsible for erros on the internet site, sale catalog or in the advertisements.
- The organisation cannot be held responsible for visual or non visual regardless the size or nature of such defect of the sold item.
- The organisation cannot be held responsible for any genetic defects of the embryo combination which are not known by the seller or organization.
- The organsation cannot be held responsible for any conesquentional damage.
- The organisation only acts as an intermediate party between seller and buyer. Any claims in consequence of the purchase is a case between the seller and buyer.
- The organisation does not take any responsibility for damage to persons or cases, which has arisen because of or connected to the sale.
- Foreign purchasers, who wish to export their embryo’s, shall make the organisation aware of this directly after the auction. All costs and risks shall be the responsibility of the purchaser as from the moment the seller has concluded the export preparations.
- The cow indexes mentioned therein have been calculated or converted by the herdbook in the country the donor cow is housed in accordance with the current methods. All official pedigrees of sale animals can be seen.
- All embryos are frozen as first class embryos identified by an official recognised vetenerian. The seller and the organisation can not be held responsible for the quality of the embryos as soon as they have been transported to the buyer. The organisation and the seller do not accept claims regarding the quality of the embryos.
- All frozen embryos are rated first class by official and registered ET veterinarians. In the case of grade two or lower class embryos at thawing and no resulting pregnancies, the seller will take care for a refund, either in the form of an embryo with similar pedigree value or the purchase amount for the embryo. It is of vital importance that any claim is accompanied with an official statement in English from a recognized ET veterinarian. This should be send to Eurogenes.
- Every bidder is held to conform to the auction conditions. The act of bidding implicates knowledge and acceptance of these conditions.
- The organisation can never be held responsible in case the embryos can not be exported no matter what reason.